Mount Blink Outdoor Camera is a revolutionary addition to the world of home security systems. With its advanced features and easy installation process, it has become a top choice for many homeowners looking to protect their property. In this article, we will delve deeper into all the features and benefits of the Mount Blink Outdoor Camera, and why it should be your go-to option for ensuring the safety of your home. So, let’s explore all that this amazing piece of technology has to offer.
How to Mount Blink Outdoor Camera: From Account Creation to Camera Mounting
Blink Outdoor Camera is a popular choice for home and outdoor surveillance, as it offers a wireless and battery-powered option for easy installation. In this guide, I will walk you through the process of mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera, starting from creating an account to placing the camera in its final location.
Step 1: Create an Account
Before you can start setting up and mounting the Blink Outdoor Camera, you will need to create an account on the Blink app. Simply download the app from the App Store or Google Play and follow the prompts to create an account. Make sure to use a strong and unique password to protect your account.
Step 2: Set Up the Camera
Once you have created your account, open the Blink app and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your camera. This will involve connecting the camera to your Wi-Fi network and adding it to your Blink account. Make sure to place the camera near your Wi-Fi router during this step for a strong connection.
Step 3: Plan Your Camera Location
Before you mount the camera, it is important to plan and decide on the best location for it. The ideal location would be within the range of your Wi-Fi network and provide a clear view of the area you want to monitor. Consider factors such as sunlight, weather, and potential obstacles when choosing a location.
Step 4: Mount the Camera
Now that you have set up the camera and decided on its location, it is time to mount it. Use the included mounting kit to attach the camera to any flat surface, such as a wall or ceiling. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and securely fasten the camera to the surface.
Step 5: Adjust the Camera Position
After mounting the camera, you can adjust its position to get the best viewing angle. The Blink Outdoor Camera has a 110-degree field of view, but you can rotate and tilt the camera to get a better view of the area you want to monitor. Use the live view feature on the app to fine-tune the camera’s position.
Step 6: Test the Camera
Once the camera is mounted and positioned, it is important to test it to ensure it is working correctly. Use the live view feature to check the camera’s field of view, camera angle, and video quality. You can also test the camera’s motion detection feature by walking in front of it.
Step 7: Set Up Alerts and Notifications
Finally, you can customize your camera settings to receive alerts and notifications for any motion detection. This can be done through the app and will allow you to stay informed of any activity around your camera’s location.
In conclusion, mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera is a simple process that can be easily carried out by following the steps above. With a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection, the camera can provide reliable surveillance for your home or outdoor space.
What are the Best Places to Mount a Blink Outdoor Camera?
Blink Outdoor Cameras are becoming increasingly popular as a security option for homes and businesses. They offer a wide range of features such as HD video recording, motion detection, and two-way audio, making them an ideal choice for monitoring and protecting your property.
When it comes to mounting your Blink Outdoor Camera, there are a few key factors to consider in order to get the best performance and coverage. Here are some of the best places to mount a Blink Outdoor Camera:
1. Front door or entrance area
The most common and recommended place to mount a Blink Outdoor Camera is at the front door or entrance area. This ensures that any person entering your property will be captured on camera, providing you with a clear view of who is coming or going. It also acts as a deterrent for potential intruders, as they will be aware that they are being monitored.
2. Backyard or patio
If you have a backyard or patio that is not easily visible from the street, mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera in this area can be beneficial. This will allow you to keep an eye on your backyard and monitor any potential intruders or suspicious activity. It can also provide you with a view of any pets or children playing in the yard.
3. Garage or driveway
Another popular place to mount a Blink Outdoor Camera is in the garage or driveway. This provides coverage for your vehicles and any other valuable items stored in the garage. It also gives you a view of anyone entering or leaving your property through the driveway.
4. Side of the house
For larger properties, it may be necessary to mount a Blink Outdoor Camera on the sides of the house to provide complete coverage. This is especially important if there are any blind spots that cannot be covered by a camera mounted at the front or back of the house.
5. Near windows or other vulnerable areas
If you have any windows or other vulnerable areas, such as a basement or side door, it is advisable to mount a Blink Outdoor Camera in these areas. This will provide an extra layer of security and alert you if anyone attempts to enter your property through these points.
6. Above ground level
It is recommended to mount your Blink Outdoor Camera above ground level, at least 9 feet high. This will not only keep it out of reach of potential intruders but also provide a wider coverage area and reduce the chances of tampering.
In conclusion, the best places to mount a Blink Outdoor Camera are at the front entrance, backyard/patio, garage/driveway, side of the house, near vulnerable areas, and above ground level. It is also important to ensure that the camera is securely mounted to prevent any interference or tampering. By strategically placing your cameras in these locations, you can ensure maximum coverage and protection for your property.
Places to Avoid Mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera
As a civil engineer, I am extremely conscious about the safety and security of buildings and structures. That is why I highly recommend avoiding mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera in certain places, as it can compromise the structural integrity and functionality of the building. Here are some places to avoid mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera:
1. On delicate surfaces: Blink Outdoor Cameras are usually mounted using screws and brackets, which can damage delicate surfaces such as wood, plaster, or drywall. These surfaces may not be strong enough to support the weight of the camera and its mounting equipment, causing cracks or holes in the walls. It is best to install the camera on a sturdy surface like concrete or metal.
2. Near electrical installations: Mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera near electrical installations such as power lines, transformers, or electrical panels can pose a serious safety hazard. Not only can it damage the camera or affect its functionality, but it can also increase the risk of electrical malfunctions and fires. It is essential to keep a safe distance from any electrical equipment when mounting the camera.
3. Directly above entrances/exits: While it may seem like a good idea to mount the camera directly above an entrance or exit to capture any activity, it can obstruct the safe evacuation of people in case of an emergency. The camera may also interfere with the proper functioning of doors and windows, compromising the security of the building.
4. In areas prone to extreme weather conditions: Blink Outdoor Cameras are designed to be weather-resistant, but mounting them in areas prone to extreme weather conditions can cause damage over time. Continuous exposure to harsh sunlight, rain, snow, or wind can affect the camera’s lens, housing, or internal components, leading to malfunctions or reduced lifespan.
5. On shaky surfaces: It is crucial to have a stable and secure mounting surface for the camera to ensure clear and stable footage. Installing the Blink Outdoor Camera on shaky surfaces, such as fences, trees, or poles, can cause the camera to shake or vibrate, resulting in blurry or distorted footage. It is recommended to use a mounting bracket or tripod for added stability.
In conclusion, as a civil engineer, I highly advise avoiding mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera in the above-mentioned places to ensure the safety and security of both the building and the camera itself. It is essential to carefully consider the mounting location and use appropriate equipment to ensure proper installation and functionality of the camera. If in doubt, it is always best to consult a professional to avoid any potential risks or damages.
How to Mount a Blink Outdoor Camera Horizontally
Blink Outdoor cameras are a popular choice for home and business security camera systems. These cameras are versatile and can be mounted in various positions to suit different needs. One such mounting option is mounting the camera horizontally, which provides a wider field of view and can cover a larger area. In this article, we will discuss how to mount a Blink Outdoor camera horizontally.
Step 1: Choose the right location
The first step is to choose the right location for the camera. You want to mount it in a place where it has a clear view of the area you want to monitor. Make sure there are no obstructions, such as trees or walls, that could block the camera’s view.
Step 2: Gather necessary tools
To mount the camera, you will need a few tools, including a drill, wall anchors, screws, and a screwdriver. You can also use the mounting bracket that comes with the camera.
Step 3: Prepare the camera
Before mounting the camera, you need to prepare it first. Start by inserting the batteries and connecting the camera to your Wi-Fi network. Then, adjust the camera angle by sliding the camera mount to the desired position and securing it in place.
Step 4: Mount the camera
Next, you need to mount the camera horizontally. If you are using the mounting bracket, attach it to the camera by screwing it onto the back of the camera. Then, mark the drilling holes on the wall based on the bracket’s position. Use a drill to make the holes and insert the wall anchors. Finally, attach the bracket to the wall using screws.
Step 5: Install the camera
Once the bracket is securely mounted, you can attach the camera to it. Simply slide the camera onto the bracket until it clicks into place. Adjust the camera’s angle and tighten the screws on the bracket to secure it in place.
Step 6: Test the camera
After mounting the camera, it’s essential to test it to ensure it’s working correctly. Open the Blink app on your phone or computer and check the camera’s live view to see if it’s capturing the desired area.
Pro tip: If you want to minimize the camera’s visibility, you can paint the camera and mounting bracket to match the color of the wall.
In conclusion, mounting a Blink Outdoor camera horizontally is a straightforward process that can be done by anyone with basic DIY skills. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily install and mount your camera to provide maximum coverage of the area you want to monitor. Ensure that the camera is securely mounted to prevent any accidents or tampering.
How to Mount a Blink Outdoor Camera Vertically
Blink Outdoor cameras are a popular choice for homeowners and businesses to monitor their properties remotely. These cameras are designed to be weatherproof and can be mounted either horizontally or vertically. Mounting the camera vertically allows for better coverage of a specific area, and in this article, we will discuss the steps to mount a Blink Outdoor camera vertically.
Step 1: Choose the Right Location
The first step in mounting a Blink Outdoor camera vertically is to choose a suitable location. You want to make sure that the camera has a clear view of the area you want to monitor. It should also be within range of your Wi-Fi network. It is recommended to mount the camera at least eight feet above the ground to prevent tampering.
Step 2: Gather the Necessary Tools
To mount your Blink Outdoor camera vertically, you will need the following tools:
– Wall anchors (if mounting on brick or concrete walls)
– Spirit level (optional)
Step 3: Prepare the Camera and Bracket
Start by removing the camera from its mount and detach the battery compartment by pressing the release button. Next, attach the bracket to the back of the camera by aligning the holes and then securing it with the provided screws.
Step 4: Prepare the Wall Mount
If you are mounting the camera on a wall, hold the wall mount against the wall where you want to install it and mark the position of the screw holes with a pencil. If you are mounting on a wooden surface, you can skip this step.
Step 5: Drill Holes and Insert Wall Anchors
Use a drill to make holes according to the marks you made in the previous step. If you are drilling into brick or concrete walls, insert the wall anchors into the holes to provide a stable base for the screws.
Step 6: Attach the Wall Mount
Place the wall mount over the holes and secure it to the wall using the provided screws. Use a spirit level to ensure that the mount is straight.
Step 7: Attach the Camera
Once the wall mount is secured, take the camera with the bracket and align it with the mount. Insert the screw at the bottom of the bracket into the designated hole on the wall mount. Then, tighten the screw at the top of the bracket to secure the camera in place.
Step 8: Adjust the Angle
Finally, adjust the angle of the camera to your desired position. The Blink Outdoor camera has a 110-degree field of view, and you can rotate it up to 360 degrees to cover the desired area.
In conclusion, mounting a Blink Outdoor camera vertically is a simple process that can be completed in a few easy steps. With proper installation, these cameras can provide an added layer of security to your property. Remember to regularly check and clean the camera lens to ensure clear monitoring footage.
How to Mount a Blink Outdoor Camera Without Screws
Blink Outdoor cameras are a popular option for outdoor security systems due to their wireless and weatherproof design. However, many homeowners are hesitant to drill into their exteriors to mount these cameras. Luckily, there are alternative methods for mounting Blink Outdoor cameras without screws. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:
1. Gather the necessary materials: To mount a Blink Outdoor camera without screws, you will need a few items such as adhesive strips, Velcro tape, and a ruler.
2. Choose the mounting location: Before mounting the camera, choose the location carefully. It should be a spot that offers a clear view of the areas you want to monitor and has a strong Wi-Fi signal. Also, make sure that the surface is clean and smooth to ensure a secure attachment.
3. Prepare the adhesive strips: Adhesive strips provide a strong hold for the camera without the need for screws. Cut the strips to the desired length, depending on the surface size and weight of the camera. It is recommended to use four strips for each camera to ensure a sturdy mount.
4. Attach the adhesive strips to the camera: Remove the adhesive backing from the strips and attach them to the back of the Blink Outdoor camera. You can use the ruler to ensure that the strips are placed evenly on the back of the camera.
5. Attach the camera to the wall: Press the camera against the wall or surface where you want to mount it. Apply pressure for a few seconds to ensure a strong bond between the adhesive strips and the surface. Make sure the camera is level and facing the right direction before releasing it.
6. Add Velcro tape for extra security: For added security, you can use Velcro tape to hold the camera firmly in place. Cut a small piece of Velcro tape and place it on top of the adhesive strips. This will prevent the camera from being removed easily.
7. Repeat the process for multiple cameras: If you have multiple cameras, repeat the process for each one, making sure to use the correct placement and alignment for proper coverage.
8. Test the mount: Once the cameras are securely mounted, test the mount by gently tugging on the camera to make sure it’s not loose. If it feels secure, your camera is ready for use.
In conclusion, mounting a Blink Outdoor camera without screws is a simple and effective method for homeowners who don’t want to drill into their exteriors. By following these steps, you can easily install these cameras on any smooth surface and have peace of mind knowing your property is being monitored.
How To Mount Blink Outdoor Camera To Stucco
Mounting a Blink Outdoor camera to stucco may seem challenging, but with the right tools and techniques, it is a simple task. Stucco is a durable and popular exterior wall finish, but it can pose some difficulties when it comes to installing security cameras. However, with the following steps, you can successfully mount your Blink Outdoor camera to stucco.
1. Gather the necessary tools and materials: Before you start the installation, make sure you have all the required tools and materials. These include a drill, masonry bit, screwdriver, pencil, level, mounting bracket, screws, and wall anchors.
2. Choose the mounting location: The first step is to determine the ideal location for your Blink Outdoor camera. You need to place it high enough to get a good coverage area while also being accessible for easy battery replacement. Make sure the chosen spot has a clear view and is within reach of your home’s Wi-Fi network.
3. Mark the drilling points: Using a pencil, mark the spots where you will drill the holes for the mounting bracket. It is important to ensure that the marks are straight and level to prevent any misalignment during installation.
4. Pre-drill holes: Using a masonry bit, pre-drill holes on the marked spots. It is recommended to use a smaller bit to start with and then increase the size to match the size of the screw. This will prevent the stucco from cracking or breaking during installation.
5. Insert wall anchors: Gently tap the plastic wall anchors into the pre-drilled holes using a hammer. These anchors will provide additional support for the screws when mounting the camera.
6. Attach the mounting bracket: Using the provided screws, attach the mounting bracket onto the stucco wall. Make sure the bracket is securely attached to the wall and in level position.
7. Install the camera: Once the bracket is in place, it is time to attach the camera to the bracket. The Blink Outdoor camera has a magnetic base that makes it easy to clip onto the bracket. Make sure it is securely attached to prevent it from falling.
8. Adjust the camera angle: Use the adjustable ball joint on the mounting bracket to position the camera and adjust the angle for better coverage. Use a level to make sure the camera is in the desired position.
9. Test the camera: Once the camera is securely mounted, test it by connecting it to your Wi-Fi network and checking the video feed. If everything is working correctly, you have successfully mounted your Blink Outdoor camera to stucco.
In conclusion, mounting a Blink Outdoor camera to stucco requires some careful planning and preparation, but it is a simple process. With the right tools and techniques, you can have your camera installed in no time, providing you with peace of mind and added security for your home. Remember to always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and consult a professional if you are unsure about any step of the installation process.
How To Mount Blink Outdoor Camera To Siding
Blink Outdoor Cameras are great for adding extra security to your home. They are weatherproof, wireless, and feature motion detection technology, making them a popular choice for outdoor surveillance. While these cameras can be placed on various surfaces, mounting them to your home’s siding is a convenient option. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to mount a Blink Outdoor Camera to your siding:
1. Choose the location: The first step is to select the ideal spot for your camera. Make sure the area has good Wi-Fi connectivity and a power outlet nearby. The camera should also have a clear view of the area you want to monitor.
2. Gather the necessary tools: To mount the camera, you will need a drill, drill bit, a level, a pencil, a screwdriver, and the included mounting hardware that comes with the camera.
3. Install the mounting bracket: The Blink Outdoor Camera comes with a mounting bracket and two screws. Hold the mounting bracket against the siding and use a pencil to mark the two holes for the screws. Use a drill to make the holes and then secure the bracket with the screws. Make sure the bracket is level and tightly attached to the siding.
4. Attach the camera: Once the mounting bracket is installed, take the camera and hold it against the bracket. Align the camera’s mounting screw holes with the screws on the bracket. Then, use the supplied screwdriver to secure the camera to the bracket.
5. Adjust the angle: The Blink Outdoor Camera is designed to be adjustable, allowing you to adjust the angle of the camera to your preference. Once mounted, use the camera’s swivel base to adjust the angle and ensure it is pointing in the desired direction.
6. Test the camera: Before finalizing the mounting, it is recommended to test the camera to ensure it is working properly. Connect the camera to the app on your phone and check if you are getting a clear view of the area you want to monitor.
7. Conceal the wires: The Blink Outdoor Camera comes with a power adapter that needs to be plugged in for the camera to work. To keep the wires from being visible, you can use clips or adhesive wire mounts to secure the wires along the siding.
8. Regularly check and maintain: It is important to regularly check and maintain your camera to ensure it is working properly. Keep an eye on the battery life and clean the camera lens every few months to remove any dirt or debris that may interfere with the image quality.
In conclusion, mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera to your siding is a simple and straightforward process that can greatly enhance the security of your home. By following these steps, you can easily install your camera and have peace of mind knowing that your outdoor area is being monitored.
Things to Keep in Mind While Mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera
Installing a security camera can be a great way to protect your home or office from intruders. However, if the camera is not properly mounted, it may not be as effective. Therefore, it is important to keep a few key things in mind while mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera:
1. Choose the right location: The first step in mounting a Blink Outdoor Camera is to find the perfect location. Look for a spot that has a clear view of the area you want to monitor. Make sure there are no obstructions such as trees, walls or other objects that may block the camera’s view.
2. Consider the angle: The angle at which the camera is mounted is crucial in capturing the best footage. Ideally, the camera should be mounted at a slight downward angle to capture any movement on the ground. Avoid pointing it too high as it may capture unnecessary footage of the sky or other irrelevant areas.
3. Check for power source: Blink Outdoor Cameras are wireless and run on battery power. Make sure to choose a location that is close to a power source or within range of your Wi-Fi for easy installation.
4. Use the mounting bracket: The Blink Outdoor Camera comes with a mounting bracket that allows you to easily attach it to the wall or ceiling. Make sure to securely attach the bracket to the surface before mounting the camera on it.
5. Use the right tools: It is important to use the right tools for mounting the camera. This includes a drill, screws, and a screwdriver. Make sure to use appropriate screws depending on the type of surface you are mounting the camera on.
6. Test the camera placement: Before fully securing the camera, it is important to test its placement. Turn on the camera and check if the view is clear and there are no obstructions. You can also walk around the area to see if the camera captures movements effectively.
7. Consider weatherproofing: If you are mounting the Blink Outdoor Camera outside, make sure to weatherproof it. You can use a weatherproof case or cover to protect the camera from rain, snow, or extreme temperatures.
8. Connect to Wi-Fi: Once the camera is securely mounted, connect it to your Wi-Fi network. This will allow you to access the live feed and receive notifications on your phone when there is activity detected.
9. Adjust settings: Finally, make sure to adjust the settings of the Blink Outdoor Camera according to your preferences. This may include things like motion sensitivity, video quality, and scheduling of recordings.
By keeping these things in mind, you can ensure that your Blink Outdoor Camera is mounted correctly and functioning effectively. This will help you keep your home or office safe and secure.
How to Remove a Blink Outdoor Camera Mount
Blink Outdoor cameras are a popular choice for homeowners and businesses looking to enhance their security systems. These cameras come with a versatile mount that can be easily installed on different surfaces such as walls, fences, and ceilings. However, there may be instances when you need to remove the camera from its mount, either for cleaning, relocation, or replacement. In this guide, we will discuss the steps on how to remove a Blink Outdoor camera mount safely.
Step 1: Prepare the necessary tools
Before attempting to remove the camera mount, make sure you have all the necessary tools. The tools you will need include a screwdriver, a pair of pliers, and a ladder if the camera is installed on a high surface.
Step 2: Consider the placement of the camera
The first thing you should do is to assess the location of the camera and its mount. Is it installed on a wall, ceiling, or fence? If it is installed on a wall or ceiling, make sure to position a ladder or a stable platform underneath it to help you reach the camera easily.
Step 3: Remove the camera from the mount
Using a screwdriver, loosen and remove the screws that hold the camera to the mount. For some models, you may need to use a pair of pliers to fully remove the camera from its mount. If the mount is stuck, gently twist and pull the camera until it comes off.
Step 4: Unscrew the mount from the surface
Once you have removed the camera, you can now unscrew the mount from the surface it is attached to. Use a screwdriver or a drill to loosen the screws and remove the mount. If the screws are tight, you may need to apply some force or use pliers to help you unscrew them.
Step 5: Remove any leftover adhesive
If the mount is attached to the surface using adhesive strips, you will need to remove them before reinstalling the mount. Use a heat gun or a hairdryer to warm up the adhesive and carefully peel it off the surface. You can also use a cleaning solution to remove any leftover adhesive residue.
Step 6: Reinstall or relocate the camera
Now that you have removed the mount, you can either relocate it to a different spot or clean and reinstall it in the same location. Follow the instructions on the camera manual to properly reinstall the mount and secure it with screws. Make sure it is tightly attached to the surface to prevent any wobbling.
In conclusion, removing a Blink Outdoor camera mount is a simple process that only requires a few tools and some basic knowledge. However, if you encounter any difficulties or are unsure about the process, it is always best to seek help from a professional. Also, make sure to follow all safety precautions to avoid any accidents or damages.
In conclusion, the Mount Blink Outdoor Camera is a reliable and versatile option for anyone looking to enhance their home security. With its advanced features, easy installation, and affordable price, it is a great choice for both indoor and outdoor surveillance. The camera’s weather-resistant design, HD video quality, and customizable settings make it stand out among its competitors. Whether you want to keep an eye on your home while away or monitor your outdoor spaces, the Mount Blink Outdoor Camera has got you covered. So why wait? Upgrade your security system today with this top-notch outdoor camera.